FAMILY SUPPORT COUNCIL – JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Executive Director
Purpose of Position: Under the supervision of the Board of Directors and in conjunction with the Leadership Team, ensure Agency integrity, prosperity and sustainability, by offering energetic, respectful, and inclusive leadership, guidance, and monitoring of all Agency programs, services, activities, and operations.
Key Responsibility Area: Administration and Operations
- Develops and leads the strategy of the Organization.
- Provides control and direction for Human Resources functions including but not limited to performance improvement and development, training, and daily supervision/guidance.
- Provides overall control, direction and evaluation of physical assets of the Agency, from equipment to building sites (2).
- Plans, organizes, controls and evaluates administrative functions of the Organization.
- Negotiates and executes all contracts/leases/agreements for the Organization as agent of the Board.
- Writes all grants and investigates new grant funding sources with the assistance of the Staff.
- Administers all Agency funding with a keen eye for compliance, fiscal responsibility and staff roles and responsibilities.
Key Responsibility Area: Financial Management
- Provides overall control and direction for all funding; oversees and manages Agency fiscal operations ensuring balanced budgets, healthy cash flow and financial reserves.
- Directs the Financial Director in the performance of all aspects of that job description.
- Reviews, verifies, and approves month-end financial records, Agency budget and revision, grant allocations, salary allocations, payroll taxes and quarterly reports, bank reconciliations, annual audit and tax return from the Finance Director and for the Treasurer of the Board.
- Maintains positive relationships with all funding sources.
- Prepares the annual and quarterly budgets.
- Ensures adequate systems of control and financial accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Is the primary check-signer for Accounts Payable with regular review with the Treasurer.
- Manages and oversees fund development of the Agency, including grant writing, donor cultivation, event-planning, and identifying new resources.
- Develops and recommends programs that will ensure Agency’s financial future and sustainability.
- Provides leadership in assisting the Board in exploring and investigating future for-profit ventures, including a Planned Giving Program, which would assist with the financial solvency of the agency.
- Provides leadership for all approved efforts related to Agency funding.
Key Responsibility Area: Programmatic Oversight
- Oversees and supports the development, design, and delivery of Agency programs, assuring that the goals and objectives are aligned with the Agency’s overall Mission and Strategic Plan.
- Develops and implements services that meet community needs under the policy direction of the Board.
- Works with the Leadership Team to ensure quality, consistent, ‘best-practice’ programming.
- Ensures documentation of all programs and services for institutional memory and consistency of practice long-term.
- Evaluates all services provided in relation to goals and objectives.
Key Responsibility Area: Community Relations and Collaborative Partnerships
- Promotes Agency visibility through participation in membership and community forums, community and collaborative meetings, and other outreach activities that are aligned with the Agency’s Mission.
- Maintains appropriate relations with national, state and local groups.
- Provides information for organizational e-newsletter.
- Reviews and approves all media articles written by the Agency and serves as the organizational ‘spokesperson’ within the community and at the State and National level.
Key Responsibility Area: Board Relations and Development
- Implements all Board policies in a timely manner.
- Keeps Board informed on issues that affect programs and services and creates a transparency within the Agency related to operations and fiscal issues.
- Works with all Board committees and responds in a timely manner.
- Provides orientation to new Board Members and maintains an up-to-date Board Binder for the Membership.
- Attends regular Board and Committee meetings, coming well-prepared and following-through on assignments promptly.
- Acts as Agent of the Board as designated.
- Assists Board with all Agency fund-raisers and donor development activities.
Key Responsibility Area: Volunteer Management
- Assists in development of a Volunteer Program that expands Agency’s capacity to provide services and empowers young and mature women and men.
- Oversees leadership training for all Volunteers.
- Develops recognition of volunteers and community organizations that collaborate and cooperate with the Agency.
- Evaluates effectiveness of all volunteer programmatic services.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required; Master’s Degree preferred, in addition to:
- 4+ years nonprofit leadership experience
- 5+ years of financial management/oversight
- Human resource direct experience
- Fund development expertise including grant writing and management
- Community collaboration experience with documented partnerships
- Board development and strategic planning experience
Must have excellent, respectful, and inclusive communication skills; a high level of integrity and self-motivation; well-organized with a high level of accountability and follow-through; work in a professional manner at all times to serve as a role model to Staff and Clients.
Occasionally this position required moving and lifting objects up to 50 pounds. Must possess a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and registration, and dependable vehicle. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.